Friday, November 12, 2010

Earth to Royce

I've just spent 2 delightful days reading a dear friend's blog (Holly Fronk, neighbor of ours when we lived in Nibley), and it was like reading a really, really good book. A really funny book. I laughed and cried along with her, and loved her writing style. I had the thought during the second day, 'I wonder if I'm wasting time', (after all, it's a blog), and I didn't like to think about what (or who) I was neglecting, but decided it was no different than getting engrossed in a very good, one book that you couldn't put down. You know the kind. The one where you just want to wrap yourself in a good blankie and curl up on a comfy chair, and just disappear in another time and place.

And the best part? You know how you hate reading a really good book, and you are sad when it's over? Because this is a blog, I know there's more to come, so I'm so excited.

My back hurts, and my neck is sore from sitting at the computer, though, for hours on end. Now I get why ipad's and the like are being invented. For your reading pleasure. So you can stretch out on the couch with a bowl of M&M's beside you. Earth to Royce.

Thanks, Holly, for taking me somewhere else for a spell!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I think you found your own cute title to this blog post: Earth to Royce. I'm just saying, is all. :)