Notice the mountain scene backsplash. What you DON'T see is the view I would see if I were cooking at the cook top on the island. To quote Ashley (our 2 year old granddaughter) 'AWESOME!'
Something tells me I'm going to be cleaning the counters a lot. Even to take this picture, by the time I got to the end of cleaning them, the part where I started was already dusty, mostly from all the construction dust hanging around.
Scott even built a rustic looking vanity for our guest bath, complete with distressing (hitting it with a chain) and other such abuse to give it that rustic cabin look. (He actually made this in April but it's all coming together this month). We're still working out some issues with hot water and the shower...I say 'we'. Scott is the brains and power behind the issues, while I stand there to give moral support, and sometimes fetch the occasional tool.
Wes and Sharlyn came up for the weekend. The 'boys' had tee-times at 2 different gold resorts in the are, while the 'girls' stayed home to bake. The 'boys' ended up being the only idiots on the golf course, golfing in the SNOW (it was snowing sideways, at times)



and the 'girls' made some yummy whole wheat bread, and cinnamon rolls in our new oven. It was my favorite daughter-in-law, Sharlyn, that got excited about the 'proof' button on my oven, and I should say she explained to me what 'proof' even means. I saw that button on the oven panel and realized I was going to have read the book that came with the oven (who ever does that?). I did attempt to read it, and promptly fell asleep.
Did you know that a 'proof box' is a place to put bread for it to raise? I did not know that. Turns out I have a pretty neat oven, and it did indeed keep the oven at just the perfect temperature for the bread to raise. Which will be nice, since the granite counters can be so cold. You can see the bread in the (lower) oven here, and Sharlyn with her cinnamon rolls. Isn't she a lovely girl? We had a great time.
3 comments:
And you didn't send some cinnamon rolls to me because... why?
Love the kitchen. All you worrying about the granite was in vain. It looks beautiful!
Royce and Scott, the cabin looks fantastic. I love the look of your fireplace you have done an incredible job.
Post a Comment