Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Not For The Faint of Heart



I don't know if a pattern is developing or not, but it seems like when Scott first starts working on the cabin in April, after having the winter off, he ends up injuring parts. And, it's ironic that his sister did a number on her finger, also, so they have been comparing 'owies'.
He cut it on an electric planer, and did quite a number on it. It's the middle finger on his left hand, fortunately not his right (writing) hand. He has had challenges typing at work, and the Dr. said it would take many months before it is healed. It will never be the same, and will probably end up looking pretty mangled.
Two April's ago, he fell off some tippy scaffolding and dislocated his shoulder and ultimately ended up having surgery. Let's hope future April's don't hold as much bad luck.








4 comments:

Kerilee Law said...

There was a reason I never asked Dad to show me his finger while he was here. Gross!

Ruth said...

Oh, yucky, yucky, yuck! That looks like it really hurt!

Kristen said...

Owie sounds like an understatement! That looks painful- It looks like you are at the cabin now....I'm guessing for the summer since we are well into summer weather here. I'm glad I came across your blog. It is fun to see photos of the cute kids I get to hear about!

Enjoy the nice cool summer...I will keep in touch.
Kristen

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That's one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen! You guys and your hand injuries! I cna't believe Scott paused long enough to let you take a picture of it. Chad said these pictures need to be edited because it's making him queasy.